Whatcha Makin' Now?: #WhatchaLearinNow: How to Know Your Shape and Dress for It

Pages

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

#WhatchaLearinNow: How to Know Your Shape and Dress for It

Since I'm hanging out in Nashville this week, my sweet sister is taking over my Whatcha Learin' Now post. I hope I'm not the only one, but I don't always know what looks best on me so I asked Ginny to share some tips. Take it away seeester!




Hi everyone!  I'm Ginny, Chelsea's sister, and I blog over at My New Favorite Outfit.  I blog about fun, affordable fashion. I also really enjoy creating how-to posts and recently finished a series focused on dressing for your shape.

Looking your best can be the best confidence boost and I believe that begins with knowing your shape and then working to dress for it.  I personally am rectangularly shaped, which basically means my waist has no definition.  As much as I would like to wear certain pinspired outfits, some just don't work for me due to my shape.  However, once I learned to dress for my shape I was able to create some great looks that left me feeling confident all day long.  For example, take a look at this collage:



The difference between the first and second picture is crazy!  Simply adding a layer and a scarf to draw the eye up and boots to draw the eye down, and I suddenly look much slimmer.

Not sure of your shape?  Check out this post for the qualities of each shape.  Then, check out the links to posts below to learn how to dress best for your shape.

The first type of started the series with was hourglass, see the full post here.




The next body type I discussed was a pear shape, see the full post here.




Third, I talked about the inverted triangle shape.  You can see the full post  here.

Forth, I talked about the rectangle shape.  You can see the full post here.

Lastly, I talked about an apple shape.  See the full post here.

Thanks, Chelsea for having me today and to all your lovely readers: Come say hi to me at My New Favorite Outfit!