Whatcha Makin' Now?: No-Bake Monster Cookie Granola Bars

Pages

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

No-Bake Monster Cookie Granola Bars


I've had my eye on these bars for a few months. I'm a huge sucker for anything 'monster' like these cookies or this dip. It's almost as bad as my obsession with chocolate and peanut butter. These bars did not disappoint. I added the M & M's and chips while the granola was still warm so the chocolate was all melted and delicious.

In other news, I mentioned last week that I'm going to my first bloggers conference that just so happens to be in Kansas City (Go Blog Social)! They just announced yesterday that Jessica from How Sweet It Is is going to be one of the speakers! I'm super excited. Jessica's blog was one of the first blogs I started following and I just love all the amazing recipes she dreams up.



No-Bake Monster Cookie Granola Bars

1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup honey
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 1/2 cups quick oats
1/4 cup M & M's, additional for top
1/4 cup white chocolate chips, additional for top
1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, additional for top

Line a 8 x 8 or cake pan with wax paper and set aside.

In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, combine brown sugar, peanut butter, honey and butter and stirring frequently.

Bring mixture to a boil and then continue cooking for an additional 2-3 minutes stirring constantly, or until sugar dissolves and mixture is smooth.

Stir in oats until evenly coated. Let cool for 5 minutes.

Once mixture has cooled slightly, add in M&M's, white chips, and chocolate chips and fold to combine.

Dump mixture into prepared pan. Place a piece of waxed paper on top and press down into the pan.

Sprinkle with a few more M & M's, white chips, and chocolate chips and press down so they stick to the bar.

Place dish in refrigerator and let bars set up for 1-2 hours before cutting to serve.

Source: Mom on Timeout

Printer Friendly Recipe

Oh hey, are you new here? I hope you'll connect with me on Facebook, Twitter, email, or another option over there on the right. 

Looking for more? Try these...