Whatcha Makin' Now?: Classic Spritz Cookies (Cookie Press Cookies)

Pages

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Classic Spritz Cookies (Cookie Press Cookies)


Well, my cookies are all ready for Santa. I sure hope I made the good list.

My mom and dad makes cookie press cookies every year for Christmas. They also make cherry mash,  toffee, rum balls, rocky road, raspberry pin wheels, fudge, etc. There is no shortage of snacks at their house, clearly.

This was my first time making cookie press cookies and I'll have to tell you...I'm hooked. The dough came together quickly and cranking these babies out was fast. I sprinkled with green sprinkles and added the red hot before baking so once they were out of the oven they were done. My kind of cookie.


Make sure to use an ungreased cookie sheet, no parchment paper. That allows the dough to stick right to the pan. I also recommend cleaning the cookie sheet between batches to help the sticking process.  Here is a link to purchase a cookie press if you don't have one handy. It comes with a variety of decorations so it's not just for Christmas.



Classic Spritz Cookies (Cookie Press Cookies) 

1 1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 egg
2 TBSP milk
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp almond extract
3 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
colored sprinkles
red hots

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Whisk together flour and baking powder and set aside.

Using an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy. Add egg, milk, vanilla and almond extract; beat well.

Gradually add the flour and baking powder mixture until dough is smooth. Do not chill.

Place dough into Cookie Press and press cookies onto UNGREASED cookie sheet. Apply sprinkles and red hots. Bake for 8-12 minutes until lightly browned around edges.

Transfer cookies to cooling rack.

Makes 7 to 8 dozen cookies, depending on cookie press size. Store in an airtight container.

Printer Friendly Recipe

Source: Recipe on Wilton Cookie Press box