Whatcha Makin' Now?: Hey, want to see where I put all my junk and sometimes get creative?

Pages

Monday, July 13, 2015

Hey, want to see where I put all my junk and sometimes get creative?

I opted to clean our house over the weekend instead of baking. I know, crazy. But that means that my office is clean and I can finally give you a tour!

This space has been a work in progress since we moved in 2011. I didn't want to spend a ton of money so I gradually added things and reorganized at least a dozen times until I got it just right.

Looking at the pictures I kinda have an itch to paint the room but I'll simmer on that a little while longer.

Lets have a look, shall we?

My yellow bar cart was in my kitchen but I think I can showcase it better here. It might also work well for photo setups!

When IKEA opened up in Merriam, KS I was ecstatic. These photo ledges helped me solve my large blank wall dilemma. Now it showcases a few of my favorite cookbooks, fun photos and a few empty frames that will hold some of my favorite foodie photos soon.

I'm obsessed with my desk. It's an antique library table that my dad actually bought from a library in Nebraska that was closing. I paired it with a modern chair from Crate & Barrel (similar, similar).





The top of the desk has a little wear and tear - just make me love it even more.


The opposite wall holds all of my baking and blogging goodies. I purchased 4, Closetmaid 9 Cube sets. Boy, they were sure fun to put together. A month of so later I picked up the linen boxes on clearance. They hold the little things like cookie cutters, pastry bags, etc.


I do have a nice big closet. I would really love to install a nice custom Elfa system from The Container Store someday. For now I've made do with a couple old shelves and plastic storage boxes.



How fun is the Homemade Pies & Cakes clock? Another find by my dad at an auction. He always has an eye out for goodies - he's the best. 


There you have it! I so love walking by the room and seeing it all put together and clean.