Whatcha Makin' Now?: Spoiled at Seasons 52

Pages

Sunday, September 20, 2015

Spoiled at Seasons 52

Seasons 52 Kansas City, MO - Country Club Plaza

A couple weeks ago my friend Laura and I were invited to sample the new Autumn Dinner Menu at Seasons 52 in Kansas City on the Country Club Plaza.This was my first visit so I was excited to cross off another restaurant from my list.

First off, I've never felt so wined and dined! The entire team was amazing. And it wasn't because we were special guests; I observed the same treatment to the other guests.

We ate SOOO much. I thought it would be fun to share what we ate.

We kicked off the night with flatbreads and their new seasonal drinks. Laura had a Pumpkin Pisco Sour with crop organic pumpkin vodka, pisco and aromatic bitters. It smelled liked Thanksgiving. I had the Pearfect Storm with absolut pears, St-Germain Elderflower liqueur, fresh bosc pears and thyme.

Hands down the best drink I've ever had. I'm not typically a cocktail person but I think I found the problem: I don't like the standard cocktails, I like fancy ones.



After a short introduction from the Seasons 52 Team we were taken to our table in the dinning room. We figured it was time for our main course. Nope. More appetizers! Within minutes we were treated to  Kabocha Squash Ravioli made with brown butter, walnuts and crispy sage. The brown butter added just the right amount of sweetness.




Our amazing waiter then recommended we try the Lump Crab Cake and Heirloom Tomatoes & Warm herb-Crusted Mozzarella. Umm, okay.




Choosing an entree was very hard. I really wanted the Roasted Manhester Farm Quail but the Oak-Grilled Rack of Lamb was calling my name. I've never had a Rack of Lamb and knew this would be the place to try it. The waiter recommended the lamb cooked to medium-rare. The dish had a pomegranate sauce that blew my mind. It was amazing.

Laura went with the Wood-Grilled Pork Tenderloin with a sweet potato mash, bacon, green beans and zesty jus. Lucky for me, she let me try a bite. It was the most tender pork I've ever had.






Our waiter helped us with a wine pairing. Cheers!



We were seriously so full but we had to make room for dessert. And when they are this small and cute how could you not?

We picked a few to try - s'more, pecan pie, peanut butter chocolate and a mocha. They were amazing and the perfect ending to our fantastic meal.



The final verdict: Seasons 52 was delicious! I love that they feature locally grown ingredients as well as seasonal favorites. That keeps their menu fresh and each time you go you'll have something new to try. I was also super impressed with their team. The chef came out to check on us throughout the meal to see if we had questions and talked to us more about the food. Same with the management - they checked in to ensure all was well. And again, our waiter was so helpful and professional.

I'm still thinking about the Pearfect Storm. I think we'll hit up the happy hour very soon! If you're not in Kansas City that's okay! There might be a Seasons 52 in your city too.


Seasons 52
340 Ward Parkway, Kansas City, MO 64112
Facebook | Instagram | Twitter