I like having friends over. Last week I had Dawn from Joyful Scribblings and this week...Katie from What Katie's Baking!! Katie is so creative and makes the most decedent desserts. You guys are going to love her! Everybody say - HI KATIE....
Hi! I'm Katie from What Katie's Baking. I'm so excited to be posting for Chelsea today. She's such an awesome blogger and she writes about my very favorite topic... desserts! (And oh my gosh, those Butterfinger Shortbread Bars she made...couldn't stop drooling.)
I wanted to share one of my favorite recipes with you guys. (I'm trying to impress you ;)). I created these brownies one day after a spark of creativity. I looove cake batter flavored desserts and I looove brownies, so I decided to mix the two. Why not, right? Well, I did, and created these bad boys. I guarantee if you make them and share them (you don't have to) with your friends and family, they'll love you forever! They're dense and fudgy and cake batter-y tasting... they're just good.
Dense Brownies with Cake Batter Frosting
- 1 stick butter (8 tbsp)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup clour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cake mix of your choice
- Preheat Oven to 350.
- Melt butter in pot over stove.
- Remove butter from heat, let cool about a minute, then add sugars and mix well.
- Add eggs, flour, cocoa powder, salt, and vanilla, and mix well.
- Line and grease an 8x8 inch baking dish and pour in batter.
- Bake 20-25 minutes. If a toothpick comes out clean, it's finished.
- While cooling, make the frosting:
- In a mixer, beat the butter and vanilla until fluffy. Slowly add in the confectioners' sugar and then the cake mix until fully incorporated and fluffy.
- Frost cooled brownies and enjoy.