Whatcha Makin' Now?: Strawberry Bread

Pages

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Strawberry Bread

Strawberry Bread - tastes a lot like Amish Friendship Bread!

Well, I downloaded the couch to 5K app yesterday. Don't worry I'm not going to go all 'no sugar and sweets' on the blog or anything, but I would like to get myself into a little better shape. I've been slacking lately and it's catching up with me. I'll keep you posted on my project.

Back to the main focus of the blog: food. :)

I can't take credit for this delicious bread. This was one of the goodies served at our family BBQ over Memorial Day weekend. It reminded me of Amish Friendship Bread, which I love and haven't had in years. It's a really light bread so it was a nice side item with our sloppy joes, pasta salad, and fruit salad.

Strawberry Bread - tastes a lot like Amish Friendship Bread!

Strawberry Bread

2 (10 oz) packages frozen strawberries, thawed
1 1/4 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups sugar, additional for topping
1 tablespoon cinnamon, additional for topping
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 2, 9 x 5 inch loaf pans.

In a medium bowl, combine the strawberries, eggs, and oil. In a large bowl, whisk the flour and remaining dry ingredients. Add strawberry mixture to flour and stir until blended.

Pour batter into pans. Sprinkle with a little more cinnamon and sugar to your liking. Bake for 60 minutes or until toothpick comes out with crumbs.

Source: Julie via Luann Kongs  (Newspaper Article) 

Printer Friendly Recipe

Looking for more fruit? Try one of these...