Whatcha Makin' Now?: Tea Cakes

Pages

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Tea Cakes



I know these little powder sugar coated balls have been floating around the interwebs for months, but I think of this blog as a way for me to save my favorite family recipes and share them with you so I'm posting them anyway. :) My dad makes Tea Cakes every Christmas and, as a little girl, I wasn't a fan because of the nuts. But now I really like these cookies with all their powdered sugar and pecans. They are super easy to make and don't take a ton of ingredients.



Tea Cakes

1 cup Butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar, and more for rolling
2 1/4 cup Flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup chopped Pecans

Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add flour, salt, and vanilla. Working mixture with hands to blend well. Add pecans. Mix to combine. Chill dough until firm, about an hour. Form into 1-inch balls and place onto parchment paper lined cookie sheet.

Bake at 375 degrees for 14-16 minutes.

Remove from oven, and while warm, roll in powdered sugar. When totally cool, roll in powdered sugar again.

Source: My dad, Kelly Devlin

Printer Friendly Recipe