Whatcha Makin' Now?: Fajita Seasoning Mix

Pages

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Fajita Seasoning Mix


Fajita's were on this weeks menu.  We've had a tacos a number of times lately so fajitas were a nice change of pace.  However, I went to grab a fajita seasoning packet and came up empty handed.  Crap.  I consulted Google and after visiting a few links I landed on Food.com and this recipe posted by Kathy.  It had super high reviews and I had everything on hand.  Score!

We LOVED this seasoning!  We made chicken fajitas with green peppers and onions.  It was just enough spice and the cornstarch made it a thicker when cooked.  I don't think I'll ever buy a premixed seasoning again.

Give it a try next time you make Fajitas!

Fajita Seasoning Mix
Kathy at Food.com

1 tablespoon cornstarch
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon sugar
3/4 teaspoon crushed chicken bouillon
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon cumin

Combine all spices in a small dish.  Use in recipes that call for fajita seasoning.  Store in an airtight container