Whatcha Makin' Now?: Magic Bars – Coconut, Chocolate Chips. Butterscotch Chips…

Pages

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Magic Bars – Coconut, Chocolate Chips. Butterscotch Chips…



We had our Holiday Pot Luck at work today.  I know I’ve said this before but I’ve NEVER been to a Pot Luck I haven’t enjoyed and this one was no different.  There were 3 stations of food – main dishes, sides, and desserts.  Aside from all the good food, it’s so nice to chat with co-workers and have a good laugh.  I’m blessed to work with such a great group of people. 

Of course I chose to make a dessert for the party.  I added this recipe into my Christmas Baking line up last year.  Not sure where I found it but it’s a keeper! 

I think they call them ‘magic’ because you pour the can of sweetened condensed milk on top of all the goodies and then ‘magically’ it is all absorbed into the crust and coconut. 

You should probably give these a whirl. 

Magic Bars

Ingredients:
1 ½ cup graham cracker crumbs
½ cup butter, melted
¾ cup chocolate chips
¾ cup butterscotch chips
¾ cup M & M’s (optional – but could use Holiday colored ones)
1 ½ cup flaked coconut
1 can sweetened condensed milk 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a 9 x 13 pan, pour in melted butter.  Evenly sprinkle graham cracker crumbs and press to form a crust. 
Layer in coconut, chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, and M & M’s (optional). 

Pour condensed milk over the top of the pan. 

Bake 25-30 minutes until light brown on top.  You can place in the refrigerator to chill or serve at room 
temperature.  I love them either way.

Printer Friendly Recipe

Thanks for stopping by!