Whatcha Makin' Now?: Fudge Brownie Cupcakes

Pages

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Fudge Brownie Cupcakes


Thanksgiving was super fun this year.  We spent time with our family in Des Moines, Iowa, family in Omaha, Nebraska, and then spent the rest of the weekend in Lincoln. 
We even went to the Husker game and watched the ‘skers beat the Iowa Hawkeyes. Whoop whoop!
My nephew requested that I bring chocolate cupcakes to the Des Moines party.  How can anyone say no to a blonde hair, blue eyed kindergartener?!?!   I sure as heck can’t and never would – love being an Aunt!
I turned to How Sweet It Is for a recipe.  I’ve made a number of her recipes and they are ALWAYS hits. 
Fudgy Brownie Cupcakes were the winner.  While they are not a traditional Thanksgiving dessert, everyone loved them.  The brownie had the crispy top, chewy center, and chunks of chocolate chips.  The frosting was just the right amount of sweetness to compliment the brownie. 
My nephew loved them.  Success!   
This was the best brownie I think I’ve had to date.   I don’t think I’ll ever buy another boxed brownie mix again. 
Note: I tried using square cupcake liners that claimed to not need a special baking pan.  That didn’t work out so well so they were a little weird shaped, but once decorated, you didn’t really notice.  Next time I will use normal cupcake liners or make it as a bar. 
Next on the list – start making Christmas Cookies!