Whatcha Makin' Now?: No Bake Cookies

Pages

Monday, May 30, 2011

No Bake Cookies

It’s that time of year when it’s hot outside, but you don’t really want to turn on the AC because it will cool off in the evening. And it also keeps me from turning on the oven to further heat up the house. What is a girl to do when she really wants to make something chocolaty but doesn’t want to use the stove!?!?! You make No Bake Cookies!

One of my dear friends from college gave me this recipe. I remember we went to stay at her house for a couple days and made these for a little treat. While I made this recipe I thought back on all the fun times I had in college; great people, girls nights, theme parties, college football, making easy mac at 3 AM, no care in the world, and many more sweet memories.

This recipe works great as is or can be cut in half. I did a half recipe because I didn’t need to have 3 dozen siting around.


No Bake Cookies

2 cups sugar
3 tbsp cocoa
½ cup peanut butter
3 cups oatmeal
½ cup butter
½ cup milk
1 tsp vanilla

Mix cocoa and sugar in saucepan. Add butter and milk. Bring to a boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Add other ingredients – mix well. Drop by spoonful onto waxed paper. (I formed mine into little patties.) Let set on counter or in refrigerator and enjoy!

Thanks for stopping by!