Whatcha Makin' Now?: Pre-Workout Shakes

Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Pre-Workout Shakes

I wish I was a runner, but I’m just not. I do envy runners and their endurance and figure so in honor of National Running Day I thought I should share a couple Pre-Workout Shake recipes. Then I think I’ll put in my Jillian Michaels DVD and blast some FAT….or something like that.

For those of you that hate running, today is also Go Barefoot Day and Flip a Coin Day. I wonder if Hallmark sells cards for any of these…I hope not…or if they do, they better be 99 cent’ers.

This recipe is from Tosca Reno’s ‘The Eat-Clean Diet Stripped’ book. If you don’t know of Tosca or the Eat Clean Diet you should check out her books and website. It’s a great lifestyle; not a diet, just more eating the right things and eating them at the right times. I enjoy reading about nutrition and foods effect on the body and she breaks it down so it’s easy to understand. I also really like cookies though so she helps me somewhat balance. :)

Pre-Workout Pineapple Blast Shake
Tosca Reno’s ‘The Eat-Clean Diet Stripped

Ingredients
4 ice cubes
1 cup water
1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
½ cup pineapple chunks

Process all ingredients in a blender until mixed thoroughly and serve.

Ultra Chocolate Oatmeal Shake
Tosca Reno’s ‘The Eat-Clean Diet Stripped

Ingredients
½ cup precooked plain oatmeal
1 scoop chocolate protein powder
½ cup skim or almond milk

Process all of the ingredients in a blender until mixed thoroughly and serve.

Happy running!  Thanks for stopping by!