Whatcha Makin' Now?: Easy Crock-Pot Chicken Cacciatore

Pages

Monday, March 16, 2015

Easy Crock-Pot Chicken Cacciatore

Easy Crock-Pot Chicken Cacciatore

I dominated a couple projects yesterday and it feels amazing.

My office had become the dumping ground for all things that don't have a home. I hate it. It's impossible for me to feel inspired in that space when it's a mess. I reorganized my shelves, the closet and threw a bunch of junk away.

Now I can have a dance party in the open space and find the perfect photo props quickly.

The other project was reorganizing my kitchen cupboards. I don't know how but over time they just collect things that don't belong. I really have my eye on these pull out shelves but thought I should try some good old fashioned cleaning before I take that step.

The junk is gone and I can find ingredients and serving bowls in seconds.

You know what else was good about Sunday? I put this Easy Chicken Cacciatore in the Crock-Pot in the morning and later had dinner ready in minutes. Glorious.

This meal was so tasty! The chicken was so tender and flavorful. The leftovers will be just as delightful tomorrow too. Plus angle hair pasta is my fav.

Easy Crock-Pot Chicken Cacciatore


Easy Crock-Pot Chicken Cacciatore 

1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs, breasts, or tenders
3-4 garlic cloves, minced (optional, I skipped it)
28 ounces can diced tomatoes
6 ounces tomato paste
1/2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1/2 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 small onion, diced
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup water
1 package of your favorite pasta, prepared as directed on box

Season chicken with salt and pepper before placing in the Crock-Pot. Add the remaining ingredients, but NOT the pasta. Stir to combine.

Cook in your Crock-Pot/slow cooker on Low for 7 hours OR high for 4 hours.

Once cooked, prepare pasta according to package directions.

Serve over the pasta. Makes 4 to 6 servings.

Source: Family Fresh Meals

Printer Friendly Recipe