Whatcha Makin' Now?: Lemony Quinoa Shrimp w/Corn and Green Onions

Pages

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Lemony Quinoa Shrimp w/Corn and Green Onions

I know I've been a little quiet this week. I've been pretty busy at work so when I get home I just don't want to turn on a computer after walking away from one. But I'm cooking up some winners for next week so I hope you'll stick with me. :)

Lucky for me, Susan from Adventures in my Kitchen did a little blog swap. I guest posted for her this week and now she's sharing with us! I asked her to share a 'real' meal since we all know I lack in that area.

Enjoy!


Hey y'all! I'm Susan from Adventures in my Kitchen. I'm so happy to be guest posting for Chelsea today! I mainly blog about healthy, easy, budget-friendly meals and snacks. I also try to throw in some tips, tricks and nutritional information to help you out. Today I'm sharing one of my favorite recipes for when the weather gets warmer- Lemony Quinoa Shrimp w/corn and green onions. It's great as a side or main dish! Quinoa and shrimp are both full of protein so this dish will keep you satisfied without feeling that food coma!

Lemony Quinoa Shrimp w/corn and green onions - perfect for a spring/summer party!

Lemony Quinoa Shrimp w/corn and green onions - perfect for a spring/summer party!


Lemony Quinoa Shrimp w/Corn & Green Onions

Vinaigrette:
3 tbs EVOO
2 tbs lemon juice
healthy pinch of black pepper
1/2 of one green onion, chopped.
(Whisk all together, let sit and get friendly)

Quinoa:
1 cup Quinoa
2 cups water
(boil, then simmer until all liquid is absorbed. Transfer to large bowl then pop in freezer/fridge to cool)

Shrimp:
1-ish lb of shrimp.
(boiled in salted water, peeled and completely cooled)

Other yums:
1-ish cup of frozen corn kernels
the rest of the green onion that was chopped for the dressing + more if you're like that.

*When everything is cool, toss it all together in a large bowl, serve and enjoy!

Hope y'all come and join the Adventures in my Kitchen!



Thanks again, Susan! I really appreciate it!