Whatcha Makin' Now?: Swiss Cake Roll No-Bake Cake

Pages

Monday, October 5, 2015

Swiss Cake Roll No-Bake Cake

Swiss Cake Roll No-Bake Cake Recipe

The weirdest thing happened last week. I was at work minding my own business and I was sent a fax - like a legit fax from a real fax machine. It was a recipe for Ding Dong Cake. It did not have a sender or number to call back.


Swiss Cake Roll No-Bake Cake Recipe

Swiss Cake Roll No-Bake Cake Recipe


I assumed someone would stop by and tell me more but that didn't happen. I decided to take this as the universes way of telling me to make a dessert. My co-workers agreed.

This is a fun dessert! I did adjust the recipe a bit and used swiss cake rolls instead of ding dongs - I'm a sucker for swiss cake rolls and knew they would line the pan nicely*. The cool whip and pudding is light and a fun topping to an already delightful swiss cake roll.

Give it a try!

Swiss Cake Roll No-Bake Cake Recipe




Swiss Cake Roll No-Bake Cake

2 boxes swiss cake rolls (12 packs of 2)
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup powdered sugar
8 ounces cool whip
2 small boxes instant chocolate pudding
3 cups milk
Chocolate bar for garnish

Unwrap swiss cake rolls and line the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan. Set aside.

In the bowl of a stand mix, combine the cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth. Fold in cool whip. Spread cool whip mixture over the swiss cake rolls to cover completely.

In a medium bowl, whisk together the pudding mix and milk until smooth. Let set a couple minutes until it's a little thicker - I find it easier to work with when a little set. Pour pudding on top of cool whip and smooth to cover the whole pan.



Refrigerate a few hours, or overnight, to set. To garnish, use a citrus zester to shave chocolate on top. Serve chilled. Store in the refrigerator.

Source: it's still a mystery! 

Printer Friendly Recipe

*Don't make the mistake I made and split a swiss cake roll with your hubby because you "should" have enough. Turns out I was 2 short so one piece of the cake was just cool whip and pudding. Opps! You will need all 12 packs.