Whatcha Makin' Now?: Easy Pecan Pie

Pages

Monday, January 5, 2015

Easy Pecan Pie

The best and easiest Pecan Pie

Most bloggers plan out their recipes/blog posts so they are posted before said recipes key events. I've never been really good at that. But I guess you can say I'm wayyyy ahead of my self come Thanksgiving.

I've shared a version of this recipe with chocolate chips added but sometimes you just can't beat a classic. Plus this pie is super easy.

And you know what? You don't really have to wait until Thanksgiving to enjoy this pie. I'm pretty sure it's delicious anytime you make it!



The best and easiest Pecan Pie


Easy Pecan Pie

1 pre-made pie crust (like this one: Pillsbury Pie Crust)
3 eggs
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup butter, melted and cooled
1 cup light corn syrup
1 cup pecan halves or broken pieces
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare pie crust according to package directions. Use a fork to poke the base of the pie crust. Set aside.

In a medium bowl, combine eggs, sugar, salt, melted butter, syrup and vanilla. Next, either..

  • Mix in pecan pieces and pour mixture into prepared pic crust. 
OR
  • Pour mixture into prepared pie crust and then arrange pecan halves by setting them on top of the mixture. 

Bake 40-50 minutes or until filling is set (or, doesn't jiggle too much when you move the pie plate around) and the crust is golden brown.

TIP: If the crust is getting too brown, place foil over pie to continue baking but keep crust from burning.

Cool pie before serving. Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped topping.I like my pecan pie cold, so I usually keep in the refrigerator and serve cold.

Source: My sister-in-law, Jill King

Printer Friendly Recipe