Whatcha Makin' Now?: Compost Cookies

Pages

Monday, September 8, 2014

Compost Cookies



Use up all your odds and ends with this Compost Cookie Recipe!

I always seem to have leftover chocolate or butterscotch chips but never enough for a whole recipe. Or, a handful of cereal that I can't bear to throw away. These Compost Cookies are the perfect way to use up the odds and ends in your cupboard.

I'm having so much fun following Yahoo! Food. They have brought together a talented team of editors, including Managing Editor Sarah McColl; former Bon Appetit senior web editor, Julia Bainbridge; Rachel Tepper who joined from Huffington Post Food; and Alex Van Buren, who has written for Bon Appetit, Gourmet, and Martha Stewart Living.


Yahoo! Food, shares amazing photos, fancy recipes, easy recipes, shares news on the latest food trends, and showcases the tools we must have in our kitchen. There's something for everyone.

Ummm...like these drinks. Yes, please! And these Tips for Choosing Good Salmon might actually give me the know-how to buy salmon.

The recipe for these Compost Cookies comes from Julia Bainbridge. My leftovers differed slightly from Julia's; I used chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, krispie rice cereal, salted caramel granola, cinnamon apple straws and freshly ground coffee.

I've used brewed coffee in brownies before but this was the first time I've baked with freshly ground coffee. After I reassured Jacob I wasn't wasting his favorite coffee he was on board.

Use up all your odds and ends with this Compost Cookie Recipe!


These cookies do spread a lot so only bake 6-8 cookies at a time. They are super tasty and the best kind of chewy. This will definitely be my go-to for using up kitchen leftovers.

Make sure to hop over to Yahoo! Food for the full recipe and enjoy this video I made showing off the baking process!


Video Link: http://youtu.be/r5pVSsBTjEM

Full Recipe

Use up all your odds and ends with this Compost Cookie Recipe!



I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.