Whatcha Makin' Now?: Almond Butter Cookies

Pages

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Almond Butter Cookies


So I accidentally introduced my 10 year old niece and 8 year old nephew to the term ‘Photobombing’ over Christmas. Which, I guess, is the best case scenario for things I could have said/taught them. We were doing our annual gingerbread house decorating and I was snapping pics. I went to have Isaac pose and Jaelyn jumped right in front of the picture with a silly face….and it turned out to be just as silly as Isaacs face.  I was like, “Jaelyn, you totally photobombed Isaac. Good one!” They both stopped in their tracks and said, “What’s photobombed?” I explained and they proceeded to attempt photobombs the rest of our Christmas celebration. It was actually pretty funny, but made it tough to capture their sweet innocence in pictures. I won’t complain though; I’ll take their goofiness any day of the week!


Up next in our cookie collection are Almond Butter Cookies. My dad makes these using a cookie stamp, but you could use the bottom of a glass to lightly flatten. I love the almond butter flavor! It’s a nice surprise from a standard sugar cookie.    

Almond Butter Cookies

1 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar, and more for rolling
1 tsp almond extract
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups flour

Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add extract. Add salt and flour and mix well. Chill dough, about 30 minutes. Form into 1-inch balls and roll in sugar and place on parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Use a cookie stamp to flatten cookie, or, use a base of a glass.

Bake at 350 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes.

Makes about 3 dozen cookies.

Source: My dad, Kelly Devlin

Printer Friendly Recipe