Whatcha Makin' Now?: Coconut Cranberry Bars - I'm guest posting!

Pages

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Coconut Cranberry Bars - I'm guest posting!

I'm doing my first guest post over on Liz's blog - Blog is the New Black.  I hope you'll pop over and check out my Coconut Cranberry Bars.  So easy to make and delicious.  Perfect for Thanksgiving!



This past week my boss was cleaning out her desk and found the Thanksgiving Recipe insert from last year’s newspaper.  I was immediately drawn to the Coconut Cranberry Bars.  I love white chocolate and who doesn’t like sweetened condensed milk.  Plus, it can be prepared in about 10 minutes and bakes for only 23 minutes – quick and easy!  The final product was a sweet, moist, melt-in-your-mouth bar.  This would be a perfect dessert for Thanksgiving dinner.  I opted for cinnamon graham crackers because, truthfully, that is what I had on hand, but I think the touch of cinnamon worked perfectly.   

Coconut Cranberry Bars
Source: Kansas City Star newspaper

1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs (regular or cinnamon)
½ cup butter or margarine, melted
1 ½ cup white chocolate chips
1 ½ cup dried cranberries
1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
1 cup flaked coconut
1 cup pecan halves

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Combine graham cracker crumbs and butter; press into a greased 9 x 13 pan.  In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and mix well.  Gently spread over the crust and press down lightly.  Bake for 23-28 minutes or until edges are golden brown.  Cool on a wire rack.  Cut into bars.   


Makes about 3 dozen bars.  Store in an airtight container.