Sunday, February 19, 2012

Chocolate Kiss Cookies (Peanut Butter Cookies)

Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies from @whatchamakinnow #recipe #valentinesday

Oh hi! Are you new here? I would love to have you follow me on Facebook, Twitter, or one of the other sites listed over there on the right. 

I love my grandma’s Chocolate Kiss Cookies, well, because they are delicious but also because they make me think of her.  I didn’t get a chance to make them for Christmas like I usually do, so Valentine’s Day was a perfect excuse.  Instead of using stars or Hersey Kisses I opted for Reece’s Peanut Butter hearts.  The Reece’s and then the peanut butter in the cookie made them so yummmmmmy.  I bet you could use any type of chocolate candy to fit the holiday, except maybe not mint…mint and peanut butter might be weird.  J   

I wish they had Shamrock chocolates so I could make them for St. Patty’s Day!

Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies from @whatchamakinnow #recipe #valentinesday


Chocolate Kiss Cookies (Peanut Butter Cookies)
From my Grandma

1 ¾ cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt

½ cup shortening
½ cup peanut butter
½ cup white sugar (keep an extra ¼ cup out for rolling)
½ cup brown sugar
1 egg
2 tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla
24-30 chocolate candies – could use Brach Stars, Hersey Kisses, Reece’s Peanut Butter hearts, etc

Preheat oven to 350. 

In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.  Set aside.

In another bowl cream together the shortening, peanut butter, white sugar, and brown sugar.  Mx until fluffy, about 2 minutes. 

Add in egg, milk, and vanilla and mix to combine.  Add in dry ingredients. 

Form teaspoonful into a ball, roll in white sugar, place on ungreased cookie sheet, and bake for 8 minutes. 

Remove from oven, place chocolate heart, star, or kiss on each cookie and push down lightly.  Return to oven for an additional 1-2 minutes until light golden brown. 

Allows cookies to cool on pan for a couple minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. 

Makes 24-28 cookies.

Printer Friendly Recipe

Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies from @whatchamakinnow #recipe #valentinesday


Thanks for stopping by!





6 comments:

  1. I just made these and over half of them fell apart when I started taking them off the cookie sheet, and I followed the recipe exactly. Is there anyway to make them hold together better?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anige,

      I'm soooo sorry to hear they fell apart! A couple suggestions - maybe make them a little bigger so there is more space around the candy you put on top, let them cooler longer on the pan before transferring, or don't push the candy piece (kiss/peanut butter heart) down very much; just lightly set.

      Again, I'm sorry they fell apart but I hope the yummy taste made up for it.

      ~Chelsea, WhatchaMakinNow.com

      Delete
  2. Made these today and they turned out great and so yummy! I had no issues with them falling apart. I refrigerated the dough a few hours before baking, maybe that helped. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! I'm glad they turned out! Thank you so much for sharing your feedback. Happy Valentine's Day! :)

      Delete
  3. I made these tonight using hersheys hearts and when transfering from pan the hearts broke their shape and just melted off the cookie, im sure they still taste fine, they just LOOK horrible!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry to hear that! Maybe next time let the cookies cool a couple minutes before adding the chocolate. The chocolate on those filled candies is not very thick so it doesn't take much heat for it to melt. Glad they still taste good!

      Delete

I'd love your feedback! Make sure to leave your email so I can respond to ya and/or your blog link so I check out your site! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis