Whatcha Makin' Now?: Grandma's Fudge

Pages

Friday, December 23, 2011

Grandma's Fudge



I love this fudge. And I think I love it because it reminds me of my grandma. She always made this for Christmas and whenever I make it all the memories of her just flood back. She was an amazing cook, loved to shop (and took us shopping), never left the house without make-up and would do anything for anyone. Not to get all sappy but I still think of her often and know she’s up in heaven keeping us safe.


Now to the fugde…

Grandma’s Fudge
Grandma Wheeler

1 1/2 cup sugar
2/3 cup Nestle Carnation Evaporated Milk
2 tablespoon butter of margarine
1/4 teaspoon salt

2 cups miniature marshmallows OR 7 oz marshmallow cream
9 ounce Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Line a 8 inch square pan with foil. 

Combine sugar, evaporated milk, butter, and salt in medium saucepan. Bring to a full rolling boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil, stirring constantly, for 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat. 

Stir in marshmallows, morsels, nuts (optional) and vanilla extract. Stir vigorously for 1 minute or until all combined. Pour into prepared pan; refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm. Lift from pan, remove foi and cut into squares. Store with wax paper between layers.  

Printer Friendly Recipe