Whatcha Makin' Now?: Fudgy Bonbons

Pages

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Fudgy Bonbons




My sister-in-law, Jill, has shared many recipes with me.  She is a super good cook and baker!  She is not afraid to try new recipes and always passes on the good ones.  She mentioned these Fudgy Bonbons this past weekend so I suckered her into sharing the recipe and pictures with me – and you all! 

I’m so thankful for my family – because of them I’ve been able to hare Rocky Road, English Toffee, and Easy Peanut Butter Cookies with you all.  

I hope Jill brings these Bonbons to our Christmas Celebration……hint hint, Jill. :) 


FUDGY BONBONS
Jill King

1 (12 oz) package semisweet chocolate chips
¼ cup butter or margarine
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
2 cups flour
½ cup finely chopped nuts (optional)
1 teaspoon vanilla
60 candy kisses (any variety)

Heat oven to 350 degrees.  In medium saucepan, combine chocolate chips and butter; cook and stir over very low heat until chips are melted and smooth.  Add sweetened condensed milk; mix well.  Then add flour, nuts and vanilla; mix well.  Shape 1 tablespoon (use measuring spoon) of dough around each candy kiss, covering completely.  Place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake at 350 degrees for 6 to 8 minutes.  Cookies will be soft and appear shiny but become firm as they cool.  Drizzle gel glaze or melted white chocolate over cookies.  Store in tightly covered container.  Makes five dozen cookies.  Mom’s note: 7 minutes of baking, they don’t look done but they are.

Thanks for stopping by!