Whatcha Makin' Now?: Ranch Cheddar Turkey Burgers

Pages

Friday, June 3, 2011

Ranch Cheddar Turkey Burgers

I love Fridays! I feel like it’s my most productive work day; I like to tie up all loose ends before starting the weekend. I’m sure my boss appreciates that too.  :) I was out of town last weekend so I have big plans to catch up on laundry, clean the house from top to bottom, and begin my quest to master sugar cookie decorating. Notice the order….my reward for cleaning is making cookies. I think that will keep me motivated, I hope. But tonight, I blog and catch up on my DVR’d shows, and fold laundry.

I love a good hamburger now and then, but other than that I’m not a huge beef eater. I’m more of a turkey and chicken kinda gal. Usually if a recipe calls for ground beef it’s easy to use ground turkey and the difference is minimal, but burgers are another story. I’ve tried recipes and was just disappointed.

But this recipe is a winner!

The finished product is a moist and flavorful turkey burger! My husband is a BIG beef eater and even he loves these! I love how these cook up too; the cheese stays a little gooey but also crisps up on the surface. Add a bun and lettuce and you’re good to go! I’ve made them with cheddar cheese and mozzarella and both were yummy…I think you’re safe using whatever you have on hand. The recipe calls for ¼ cup green onion, but I like it without the onion.

Give these bad boys a whirl!


Ranch Cheddar Turkey Burgers
Spark Recipes, from SEESKO

1 lb lean ground turkey (I use the 99% fat free ground turkey.)
1 (1 ounce) envelope dry ranch dressing mix
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, or whatever you have on hand

In a large bowl, combine ground turkey, dry ranch mix, and cheese. (Using your hands works really good.) Form into 6 patties. Cook in a skillet, grill pan, or on the grill for approximately 6-7 per side or until no pink. Serve on a bun with lettuce and tomato.  Suprer easy!

Thanks for stopping by! Happy weekend!