Whatcha Makin' Now?: Salt Free Taco Seasoning

Pages

Monday, May 2, 2011

Salt Free Taco Seasoning

I wish I could say we are gearing up for Cinco de Mayo, but we eat Mexican food about once a week. It’s quick and always delicious. We almost always have shells, sour cream, and cheese, but I don’t always have a pre-made seasoning packet. That is how/why I have this recipe! I think I found this recipe on Spark Recipes website but it’s been awhile.

Also, as much as I like to eat cupcakes, cookies, brownies, pie, candy...OK you get the point…I try to make healthier meals as an attempt to balance things out. This seasoning is pretty spicy but once you add in all the other taco fixin’s it takes it down a notch. You don’t miss the salt at all; still a ton of flavor.


Salt Free Taco Seasoning
(Mix for 1 lb meat.)
3 tsp chili powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp red pepper flakes

½ cup water

Combine ingredients and add to cooked ground beef or ground turkey. Pour in ½ cup water and combine. Let simmer for 10 minutes and serve.





And yes, these are Corelle Spring Blossom plates, circa 1970's. Passed down from my mother-in-law and I like them! :)