Whatcha Makin' Now?: Lemon Cookies

Pages

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Lemon Cookies


I decided to make my mom and mom-in-law cookies for Mother’s Day this year. Both are lovers of citrus so Lemon Cookies were the winning recipe. But before the cookies, I should tell you about these lovely ladies!

My mom, Cheryl, is a fifth grade teacher for only about another week and then retirement here she comes! I might have given her a couple tough years in High School (sorry mom) but she is truly one of my best friends. Living a couple hours away, we still talk on the phone almost every day. She is the most giving, thoughtful, and sweet lady you’ll meet. She volunteers at the local animal shelter and would do anything for anyone.

Jacob’s mom, Gail, is also a teacher. I tell everyone I hit the in-law jackpot and I’m not kidding. Gail treats me like her very own daughter. She is always smiling, and can drum up a conversation with anyone. Her warm heart makes her a joy to be around. We always have fun shopping for deals or catching up on Young and the Restless episodes. Jacob and Joel (father-in-law) are carbon copies of each other (sometimes verrrrrry scary) so Gail and I often shake our heads at the same things our hubbies do.

Now for the cookies!



Lemon Cookies
From: eaternal bliss (Such a cute blog, you should check it out!)

What You Need:
1 (18.25 ounce) package lemon cake mix
2 eggs
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 teaspoon pure lemon extract
1/3 cup confectioners' sugar for decoration

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

Pour cake mix into a large bowl. Stir in eggs, oil, and lemon extract until well blended. Drop teaspoonfuls of dough into a bowl of confectioners' sugar. Roll them around until they're lightly covered. Once sugared, put them on an ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake for 8-10 minutes.  The bottoms will be light brown, and the insides chewy. Transfer to wire rack and let cool completely before serving.

I had 2 ½ dozen cookies, so enough for the mom’s and a few for me! They do taste best completely cooled. I had square cupcake boxes (I often find at Home Goods/Marshalls), ribbon, and scrap book tags and presto your gift is ready to go!

Enjoy! Thanks for stopping by!