Whatcha Makin' Now?: Nerdy Popcorn Balls + Pitch Perfect 2

Pages

Thursday, September 24, 2015

Nerdy Popcorn Balls + Pitch Perfect 2

Nerdy Popcorn Balls - perfect for a Pitch Perfect 2 movie night! SO easy to make and cheap!

Pitch Perfect 2 is now available to purchase and watch over and over in the comfort of your own home. This is Dixie Chicks Serious. A-ca-believe it. And, I've made snacks to celebrate.

Head to Walmart to grab the exclusive Pitch Perfect 2 Blu-Ray/Soundtrack combo pack. Soundtrack includes some of your favorite songs from Pitch Perfect and Pitch Perfect 2 (while supplies last).

I'm not embarrassed to say that I went to Walmart at midnight to pick up my copy. Crushed it.

Nerdy Popcorn Balls - perfect for a Pitch Perfect 2 movie night! SO easy to make and cheap!


The soundtracks from Pitch Perfect and Pitch Perfect 2 are amazing. It's fun to listen because I kinda feel like I'm watching the movie all over again. I was so happy to see the Blu-Ray included the soundtrack of a few of the best songs.

Now I'm prepping for a girls night in to watch Pitch Perfect 2. My friends and I went and saw the movie in the theater opening weekend...and we already have the release date for Pitch Perfect 3 on our calendars...so I know they will be ready to watch it again. Plus, we can rewind and make sure we catch all the one-liners. And maybe we can even do a little singalong!


Alison and Laura are so pretty, aren't they?!



What's a girls night without snacks? Nerds seemed like the best thing to include in a special snack. Two of my favorite quotes:
"I love you awesome nerds." - Beca
"Organized nerd singing, this is great." - Jesse 
I could go on for days with all the quotes. Fat Amy is one of my favorite characters and has soo many memorable ones from Pitch Perfect; I'm excited to pick up more from Pitch Perfect 2. I love the scene of her singing and rowing her way to Bumper. That's love.

These Nerdy Popcorn Balls are sweet and salty and perfect for watching Pitch Perfect 2. They would even make fun party favors to send home with your guests!

Nerdy Popcorn Balls - perfect for a Pitch Perfect 2 movie night! SO easy to make and cheap!


I've also ordered Pitch Perfect themed t-shirts to get us in our Pitch Perfect zone. They say: Crushed It, I'd like to be the ham in that man's sandwich, this ginger needs he jiggle juice, and don't put me down for cardio.

So perfect.

How are you going to celebrate Pitch Perfect 2's release? And, can I come to your party?

Nerdy Popcorn Balls - perfect for a Pitch Perfect 2 movie night! SO easy to make and cheap!

Nerdy Popcorn Balls - perfect for a Pitch Perfect 2 movie night! SO easy to make and cheap!

Nerdy Popcorn Balls - perfect for a Pitch Perfect 2 movie night! SO easy to make and cheap!

Nerdy Popcorn Balls - perfect for a Pitch Perfect 2 movie night! SO easy to make and cheap!

Nerdy Popcorn Balls - perfect for a Pitch Perfect 2 movie night! SO easy to make and cheap!


Nerdy Popcorn Balls

12-14 cups popped popcorn*
1/4 cup butter
4 cups mini-marshmallows
1 cup Nerds candy (about 1 1/2 boxes of the movie theater size boxes)
2 tablespoons butter (for hands)

Measure out popcorn and set aside. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or a baking mat. Set aside.

In a sauce pan over medium heat, melt the butter and marshmallows until smooth. Pour mixture over popcorn and gently mix to coat popcorn. Sprinkle Nerds on top and gently stir to incorporate. Work quickly as mixture will set.

Lightly butter your hands with the extra butter. Form popcorn balls in your hands. Drop formed popcorn balls onto baking sheet. Repeat process and apply additional butter to your hands as needed.

Depending on the size, you'll end up with 12-18 popcorn balls. Once set, store in an airtight container.

*I used microwave butter popcorn I had on hand. Make sure to remove the un-popped kernels!

Printer Friendly Recipe


Get soc with Pitch Perfect 2: 


This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and Universal Pictures Home Entertainment, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #ThePitchesatWMT http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV