Whatcha Makin' Now?: Orange you glad I made you a cake.

Pages

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Orange you glad I made you a cake.

Orange Cake | WhatchaMakinNow.com

Last time I saw my nephew, Grant, he was all about telling knock knock jokes. Well, he told the same joke over and over so it was even better. It went like this...

Grant: Knock Knock
Me: Who's there?
Grant: Orange
Me: Orange who?
Grant: Orange you glad I told you a joke!!



That has nothing to do with this cake other than it's an orange cake. My friend Jen found a similar orange cake recipe last week and sent it my way. I love when my friends recommend recipes; much of the reason I bake is so I can share it with others so when they find a recipe they would enjoy I'll all for it.

This orange cake is super moist, super orangy, and has light and fluffy whipped cream frosting. Because of the frosting I stored in the refrigerator and loved the taste of the chilled cake.

Give this a try for your next cookout!

Orange Cake | WhatchaMakinNow.com

Orange Cake | WhatchaMakinNow.com


Orange Cake 

1 box (18.25 ounces) yellow cake mix
1 box (3.4 ounces)  instant vanilla pudding
2, 11 ounce cans mandarin oranges (reserve juice)
3 eggs
1/2 cup unsalted butter, cold and thinly sliced
10 ounces prepared whipped cream

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly butter a 9 x 13 pan. Set aside.

In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the cake mix, pudding mix, mandarin orange juice (1 1/2 cups), and 3 eggs until smooth.

Pour batter into prepared pan. Place mandarin oranges on top of batter followed by sliced butter.

Bake for 40-45 minutes or until center of cake is set. Let cool completely before topping with 10 ounces whipped cream. Garnish with extra mandarin oranges and serve.

Store in the refrigerator.

Source: Adapted from Pin on Pinterest

Printer Friendly Recipe

Here's another orange dessert...


Clementine Almond Cake | WhatchaMakinNow.com