Whatcha Makin' Now?: Ham, Cheese, and Potato Frittata

Pages

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Ham, Cheese, and Potato Frittata

Ham, Cheese, and Potato Frittata - Quick meal! Toss in any leftover meat, veggies, and cheese and you'll have a winner!

I had breakfast with Genevieve of Little Buddy Reviews on Saturday. I met her at Go Blog Social earlier this month. She shares her reviews on various dog products and other super helpful information. I love it - I'm pretty much a sucker for any new and cool thing for the Hen-Dawg so it's nice to know someone is there to make sure I don't buy a dud. Next month we are going to take our 4 legged kids to a 3k Strutt With Your Mutt to help raise money for our local shelter, Wayside Waifs.  I hope Henry behaves in public.

Ham, Cheese, and Potato Frittata - Quick meal! Toss in any leftover meat, veggies, and cheese and you'll have a winner!

I've been on an egg kick lately. I usually stick to egg whites with ketchup. Who else put's ketchup on their eggs? It's the only way I eat them. But you can only have many plain ol' eggs. I bought an ovenproof pan specifically to make frittata so I figured it was time to actually make one.

Frittata's are so versatile; throw in any veggies, meat, and/or cheese you have leftover and you'll most likely end up with a winner. We thought this one was a winner; nice and fluffy, and full of ham and cheese.

What would you put in your frittata?

Ham, Cheese, and Potato Frittata - Quick meal! Toss in any leftover meat, veggies, and cheese and you'll have a winner!


Ham, Cheese, and Potato Frittata

8 large eggs
1 cup half and half
1 cup shredded cheese, divided
salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 medium onion, diced
1 cup frozen chunk potatoes
1 cup diced ham

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, half-and-half, 1/2 cup shredded cheese, salt, and pepper. Set aside.

Heat oil in a heavy ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook until translucent, about 4 minutes. Add in potatoes and ham and cook another 5 minutes. Gently fold in the egg mixture. Cook until partially set, about 5 minutes.

Sprinkle on remaining 1/2 cup cheese and place pan in oven and bake until frittata is puffed and golden, about 15-20 minutes. Let cool slightly, then cut into wedges and serve.

Adapted from Breakfast for Dinner Frittata Florentine

Printer Friendly Recipe

Ham, Cheese, and Potato Frittata - Quick meal! Toss in any leftover meat, veggies, and cheese and you'll have a winner!

Did you see my post yesterday? My sister and I started a new series! I shared a Strawberry Lemonade Beer recipe.


3 comments

  1. This sounds delicious! And your oven mitt is too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man this sounds good. We have frittatas quite frequently. Our favorite is probably ham, asparagus, and tomato.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man this sounds good. We have frittatas quite frequently. Our favorite is probably ham, asparagus, and tomato.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love your feedback! Make sure to leave your email so I can respond. Or, drop your blog link so I can check out your site!