Whatcha Makin' Now?: 2 Things...painted living room and Twistband

Pages

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, August 16, 2013

2 Things...painted living room and Twistband

1. I spent the last 1 1/2 watching Ben from B & L Painting, Inc paint our living room and hallway. Might be my new favorite way to paint a room - have someone else do it. ;) Actually, I do enjoy painting and find it relaxing, but this room was a space that Jacob and I could not tackle - the ceilings are higher and lots of cutting in. We left it to the pros. I am absolutely in love with the color. It's Sherwin Williams Repose Gray. I can't stop staring at the walls (is that weird?). Now I'm ready to shop for furniture. Let's just hope that doesn't take another 2 years...

(These pictures aren't great, but I HAD to show you. I promise I'll post better before and afters later.)



2. Have you heard of Twistband, the hair ties that don't dent your hair? I love them. They were in our swag bag at Go Blog Social. AND I also won an awesome glass container full of even more Twistbands. I think I have one in every color, but I'd really like to get these too. As someone who puts their hair up as soon as I'm off work, I love that my hair won't be ruined if Jacob decides he wants to take me out on a hot date. Give them a try, you'll love them!


4 comments

  1. I'm loving my twist bands too. Yay for your pretty paint!
    Ginny

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the paint! It looks fabulous and makes the room look very cozy. I have to admit that I was a little skeptical about the twist bands, but now I'm obsessed. I feel very Mrs. Cleaver-esque, taking my ponytail out minutes before my husband gets home from work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That color looks so good! I love twistbands, I have several :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good call on getting some pros in to do the paint job. It may have added to the costs but if they were able to do it quickly and without causing any damage that needs cleaning up, then I say it's worth it. -Leeanne @ Master My List

    ReplyDelete

I'd love your feedback! Make sure to leave your email so I can respond. Or, drop your blog link so I can check out your site!