Whatcha Makin' Now?: Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

Pages

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

This is what I'll look like leaving the office today....

Source
Why? Because I have the next 5 days off!!! Yesssss. The best part is that so does Jacob! We are planning a day trip to go fishing but the rest of the time we are going to do things around the house that we've been putting off. I also foresee baking, blogging, napping, and TV watching.

Grandma's Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies - a classic, and always delicious!


Back to the fun gif above. Is anyone else loving these fun little images like I do? Thanks to the talented Roo Ciambriello from Neon Fresh I'm obsessed. I stalk her blog until she posts her Friday "This is how I feel post"...amazing. Always makes me smile. She is so talented.

What else is good for a celebration? Cookies. Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies. I have to confess; I did bake these cookies about 2 minutes too long so they were a little crunchy the second day. Still yummy, just maybe good dripped in coffee. If that ever happens to you, a good trick is to put a piece of white bread in a sealed container with the cookies. The cookies will pull the moisture from the bread and soften up! No one will everrrrr know.

Grandma's Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies - a classic, and always delicious!

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1 cup butter flavored shortening
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups oatmeal
1 package chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.

In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, soda, salt, and powder. Set aside.

In the bowl of a mixer, cream together the butter and sugars until pale and fluffy (2-3 minutes). Add eggs and vanilla and mix to combine. Gradually add the flour mixture.  Stir in oatmeal, chocolate chips, and nuts (optional).

Using a cookie scoop or tablespoon, drop dough onto the prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until they just start to turn light brown around the edges.

Let cookies sit on the cookie sheet for a couple minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.

Makes about 4 dozen cookies.

Source: my grandma's recipe box

Printer Friendly Recipe

Grandma's Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies - a classic, and always delicious!

2 comments

  1. Happy 5 day weekend! We have a 4-day weekend so tomorrow is our Friday, and our weekend will probably look a lot like yours haha.

    I love cookies, any cookies. These sound delish. I love the bread tip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kim! Enjoy your nice long weekend too!

      Delete

I'd love your feedback! Make sure to leave your email so I can respond. Or, drop your blog link so I can check out your site!