Whatcha Makin' Now?: Classic Carrot Cake

Pages

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, June 14, 2013

Classic Carrot Cake


I've put my normal Friday post on hold this week for a very special day! It's Meghan's Birthday! I'm teaming up with Meghan's other blogger friends to throw her a virtual birthday party. I decided to keep it classic and make Carrot Cake. 


I've really had an itch to make a cake so this was perfect timing. This cake is definitely a crowd pleaser. I like serving it chilled but room temperature would be good too. 


Classic Carrot Cake

Cake
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar 
2 teaspoons baking soda 
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon 
1 teaspoon salt 
4 eggs 
3/4 cup vegetable oil 
3/4 cup apple sauce 
3 cups grated carrots 
1 1/2 cups chopped pecans, optional

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 2 (9-inch) round cake pans. Line bottom of the pans with parchment paper for make removing from the pan easier.

In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Add eggs, vegetable oil, and apple sauce. Using an electric mixer, blend until combined; At least a minute. Add carrots and pecans (optional).

Pour batter into pans evenly. Bake for 40 - 50 minutes or until tooth pick comes out clean or with few crumbs. Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Carefully remove from pans and place on waxed paper to cool completely before frosting.

Frosting
8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature 
4 tablespoon salted butter, room temperature 
4 cups powdered sugar box powdered sugar (more/less for desired consistency) 
1 teaspoon vanilla extract 
3-4 tablespoon milk
1/2 cup chopped pecans

Add all ingredients, except nuts, into a medium bowl and beat until fluffy using a hand mixer (mix at least 2-3 minutes). Frost cake to your liking and sprinkle with chopped pecans and serve. 

Cake is delicious chilled or at room temperature. 

Source: Paul Deen

Oh hey, are you new here? I hope you'll connect with me on Facebook, Twitter, email, or another option over there on the right. 




10 comments

  1. I love carrot cake and I'm sure Meghan will too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrot cake is my mothers favorite cake, as well. And this one looks incredible! Thanks for sharing, Chelsea!

    I hope you will link up this wonderful recipe and others at my Foodie Friday Blog Hop at A Room for Two with a View. I know my readers would love it!

    Have a fantastic Foodie Friday and a wonderful weekend!

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm allergic to carrots :( But it's so pretty. & I love the candle shot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty and I love carrot cake! Great party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that looks delicious! I love carrot cake...now I want carrot cake :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE carrot cake! This was the perfect choice for my party!! Thank you so much for sharing this and taking part in my birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmm yummy sometimes you just can't beat the classics!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your carrot cake looks so good! I need to make carrot cake again. Nice to see you at the birthday party :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love your feedback! Make sure to leave your email so I can respond. Or, drop your blog link so I can check out your site!