Whatcha Makin' Now?: Snickerdoodles

Pages

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Snickerdoodles

Crispy and Chewy Snickerdoodles from @whatchamakinnow


Yesterday I had such a relaxing day (here is more about what/why). I finished laundry, wrote some blog posts, took a nap, caught up on my DVR shows, started painting the bathroom, and made these cookies.

I made these snickerdoodles for a reason. Henry went to the Pet Ranch for a spa day (bath, nail trim, ears cleaned, and hair cut) and I know he can sometimes be.....a handful....to put it nicely. I thought maybe if when I picked him up, I dropped off freshly baked cookies they might not hide next time we show up.

Crispy and Chewy Snickerdoodles from @whatchamakinnow


I love these cookies. They are a little crispy on the outside but nice and chewy in the middle. And when something is rolled in cinnamon and sugar....perfection.

Crispy and Chewy Snickerdoodles from @whatchamakinnow



Snickerdoodles

1 cup butter (unsalted), softened
1 1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 3/4 cup flour
2 tsp cream of tarter
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
4 TBSP sugar
3 tsp ground cinnamon

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.

Whisk together the flour, tarter, soda, and salt. Gradually add to the butter mixture.

In a small dish, combine the sugar and cinnamon.

If dough is too soft, refrigerate for 15 minutes to firm up. Roll dough into 1 inch balls. Roll into the cinnamon sugar mixture and place on un-greased cookie sheet.

Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown and crinkly on top. Let set on pan for 1 minute before transferring to cooling rack. (The cookies will puff up while baking and then flatten down when cool.)

Makes about 3 dozen cookies.

Source: my grandmas's recipe box

Printer Friendly Recipe