Whatcha Makin' Now?: Mom's White Chocolate Party Mix

Pages

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Mom's White Chocolate Party Mix


I hope everyone had a great Christmas. I know we did; weather for traveling was perfect, Henry was well behaved, the 4 dozen cinnamon rolls I pre-made were delicious, everyone loved their gifts, enjoyed time will the family, and snapped a ton of pics. I'm also thankful I took a 1/2 day today meaning I slept in and get to work on blog posts before work.



My mom and dad did a ton of baking for Christmas. They make the same 7 to 10 things every year. I hate for those recipes to go unshared so I'll be posting them this week!

First up is my Mom's White Chocolate Party Mix. This is not just for the Holidays. I've made this as a birthday treat at work, get together at my house, and for gifts. I love that it makes a huge batch and it's really easy to swap out ingredients if needed. My mom put pretzel nuggets in this year and it was yummy! I'm thinking those peanut butter filled pretzel nuggets would be another nice switch up. Maybe use chocolate cherrios and peanut M&M's? The possibilities are endless. 


Mom's White Chocolate Party Mix

1, 10 oz mini pretzels
5 cups Honey Nut Cheerios
5 cups Corn Chex
2 cups salted peanuts
1 pound M&M's
2 packages or 24 oz vanilla chips
2 TBSP vegetable oil

In a large bowl, combine first 5 ingredients; set aside.

In a microwave-safe bowl, heat chips and oil on medium for 2 minutes, stopping to stirring once. Microwave additional 30 second increments until chocolate and oil is smooth.

Pour chocolate over bowl of first 5 ingredients and mix well to coat. Spread onto 3 waxed paper lined baking sheets. Cool, break apart. Store in an airtight container.

Makes 5 quarts of goodness.

Source: My mom, Cheryl Devlin

Printer Friendly Recipe

Jacob is my new hand model. :)