Whatcha Makin' Now?: Reese's Peanut Butter Cookies

Pages

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Reese's Peanut Butter Cookies



A new Walgreen's opened by my office a few months ago.  This made me very happy.  Mainly because anytime they offer a free photo deal via their email newsletter I get it.  Shortly after Halloween I fell victim to said newsletter and popped over to Walgreen's to pick up my free 8 x 10.  I somehow ended up in the Halloween isle with items marked down to 75% off.  I eyed a bag of Reese's candy.  It was a combo bag of Reese's Pieces, Peanut Butter Cups, and Fast Breaks.  At a price of $1.38 I would be crazy not to buy it.      


I also snagged a big 'ol bag of fun size Twizzlers, okay 2 bags; one for co-workers and one for the hubs.  Well played email deals, well played.  

I knew the Reese's candies would be a great addition to Peanut Butter Cookies.  And they were.  The Fast Break bars were a bit of a surprise.  They have a nougat center and once baked it was kind of a chewy toffee like consistency   Very yummy.  I was limited on the candy because we might have eaten a few before baking.  I did a few dozen plain Peanut Butter and a few dozen with the candies pieces.  Both were amazing!!  The cookie dough was so light and fluffy and very easy to work with.  Once baked the cookies were crispy on the outside and chewy in the middle.  So good.

Definitely making this one again and really the only Peanut Butter Cookie recipe you need!


Reese'e Peanut Butter Cookies
Slightly adapted from Six Sisters' Stuff

1 cup butter, 2 sticks
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups Reeces Pieces, chopped Fast Break bars, and/or chopped Peanut Butter Cups
Additional granulated sugar (for rolling cookie dough in)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Line baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.

Mix butter, sugars, and peanut butter together.  Add eggs, flour, baking soda and vanilla extract. Fold in candy pieces.  

Roll dough into 1 inch (or a little larger) balls, roll in sugar, place lined cookie sheet and use a fork to make a criss-cross design on top.

Bake at 350°F for about 12 minutes or until golden brown.

Printer Friendly Recipe