Whatcha Makin' Now?: Cream Cheese Mints (wedding mints)

Pages

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Cream Cheese Mints (wedding mints)


I’m starting a movement.  It’s the “Wedding Mints Are NOT Just For Weddings” Movement.  Who’s with me?  Don’t get me wrong, I love going to weddings and having  cake, mixed nuts, and delicious cream cheese mints, but I don’t want to wait for a wedding to enjoy those suckers.  So lets go out and make cream cheese mints for every occasion!  Starting with Halloween! 

Plus, I found a little mold on clearance at Ben Franklin that I just had to use.    


Cream Cheese Mints
Ben Franklin's Recipe

3 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
1/4 teaspoon peppermint oil (or less if you want less minty)
coloring, as desired
2 1/2 cups confectioner's sugar
granulated sugar (for rolling mints)

Beat cream cheese until softened, add color and flavor.  Gradually beat in confectioner's sugar.  Knead the mixture until of a pie dough consistency (a soft or firmer candy can be made by adding or decreasing the amount of sugar).  Pinch off a small piece, form into a small marble-sized ball and roll in granulated sugar.  Press the candy into a soft rubber mold and shape.  Remove excess and un-mold at once onto waxed paper or parchment paper.

Store in an airtight container.

Recipe makes approximately 40-50 mints.



Last Year: Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownie Madness