Whatcha Makin' Now?: Chocolate Cheesecake Cake from Recipe Girl

Pages

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Chocolate Cheesecake Cake from Recipe Girl



We helped my brother-in-law celebrate his birthday this weekend.  I offered to make his birthday cake and Jill said chocolate was his fav, that or Bananas Foster.  I wasn’t sure how the Bananas Foster would turn out so I focused on the chocolate.  I headed to Pinterest to see what looked good and I saw this Chocolate Cheesecake Cake from Recipe Girl and I knew that would fit the bill. 

I’ve made a few of her recipes and they always turned out exactly as she said and this one was no different.  I did the extra step of cooking the cheesecake in a water bath and had NO cracking.  Good tip!  I also bought Wilton’s Cake Strips (with a 40% coupon of course) and the cake rounds were seriously level…crazy.  I was too cheap to buy the espresso powder, but I didn’t notice the missing flavor. 


My brother-in-law and the rest of us loved the cake!  It’s very rich so a thin slice will do ya.  A nice fresh cup of coffee is a good compliment.  Plus – it just looked fancy…probably one of the fanciest cakes I’ve made to date!    


Head over to Recipe Girl for the recipe and step-by-steps.  Thanks, Recipe Girl!