Whatcha Makin' Now?: Jacob's Chili

Pages

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Jacob's Chili

I celebrated my 29th birthday on the 14th of August and it pretty much was a weekend long birthday party!

On Friday night Jacob surprised me with fancy chocolate from Andre’s. SOOO good. I pretty much snacked on those all weekend. Obviously I had to try them before I could capture a good picture.


Then we went to a baseball game; we thought it was going to rain cats and dogs but it didn’t.


Saturday my mom and dad came to visit. We hit up a couple garage sales and antique stores – didn’t find anything I couldn’t live without. We finished the night by watching The Rise of the Planet of the Apes (great movie) and ate some Oklahoma Joes BBQ (delicious).

My parents left Sunday and Jacob and I did our normal Sunday grocery shopping and TV watching. I love my lazy Sunday’s so it was a wonderful day. Jacob volunteered to make his famous chili so I was off the hook for dinner. Score!

He loves making his chili and it always turns out so good. It’s fun to see him do his thing in the kitchen too. Jacob also makes a killer chicken noodle soup. I’ll share that one with you next time we have it.

And once again, we demolished the whole batch of chili before I could get a blog style picture. Opps!

Here we go…

Ingredients:
1 lb ground beef
½ onion, chopped
Can of Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed
Can of Chili Beans in Medium Sauce
Can of diced tomatoes, drained
46 oz can of Tomato Juice
4-8 tsp Chili Powder

Brown ground beef with onion. Drain grease and add to large soup pot.

Add in Kidney Beans (drained and rinsed), Chili Beans, Tomatoes, and Tomato Juice to soup pot. Stir to combine. Add in Chili Powder to your liking.


Bring soup to a boil and then let simmer for 45 minutes to an hour.

Serve with a little shredded cheese on top and crackers. Also tastes really good with fresh cinnamon rolls if you have them.

Thanks for stopping by! Enjoy!