Whatcha Makin' Now?: Brownie Bites with Mint Frosting

Pages

Monday, August 8, 2011

Brownie Bites with Mint Frosting


I love the mint chocolate combo. I usually find the option in ice cream and I do love a good mint chip ice cream. But a few weeks ago my mother-in-law showed up to my house with Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies. And. They. Were. Amazing. They seriously tasted like the Girl Scout Thin Mints but were soft cookies and had creamy frosting. I knew I had to find a way to recreate those cookies.


To get that soft chocolaty cookie I decided to go with a brownie base. And instead of bars I went with mini-muffin cups. Plus, bite size just seems like a little snack and you can have 2.

Oh…and I snuck in a Hersey Kiss to each brownie bite just as a little surprise.

Then the final touch was the mint frosting! The finished product accomplished my goal of recreating those yummy cookies!

I was very pleased with the balance of chocolate and mint. I would definitely make these again in the near future!

Here we go…

What You Need:

Boxed Brownie Mix and ingredients listed on box
Hersey Kisses

Heat oven to 350 degrees.  Prepare brownie batter as directed on the back on the box.

Fill mini-muffin cups almost to the top. Drop in a Hersey Kiss and push to the bottom.

Bake for 12-18 minutes. Check brownies at 12 minutes just to test; depending on oven and muffin cup size time will vary.

Let cool while you prepare frosting.


Mint Frosting

6 tablespoons butter, softened
1 teaspoon peppermint extract
dash salt
4 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
3 or 4 tablespoons milk or cream
Color Icing or Food Coloring

Cream butter, peppermint, and salt. Add confectioners' sugar, 1 cup at time, creaming until light. Add in milk, 1 tablespoon at time. Beat until smooth and desired consistency. Add food coloring, if desired. Frost cooled brownies and enjoy!

Makes about 30 brownie bites.


I hope you’ll give these little gems a try! Thanks for stopping by!