Whatcha Makin' Now?: Blueberry Lemon Bundt Cake - Guest Post

Pages

Monday, June 20, 2011

Blueberry Lemon Bundt Cake - Guest Post



Oh, hi!  Are you new here?  I'd love to connect on facebook too.  
Or, choose another option over on the right.  Thanks for reading!  


I was back in Nebraska this past weekend; thank goodness my Aunt Vicki was baking! She put together this recipe and my Uncle John took the pictures. My Aunt is such a gooooood cook; deviled eggs, apple pie, potato salad, just to name a few of my favs. She is also a technology guru so we really get our nerd on by talking about food and computers.

I hope to have some other foodie friends help me with posts in the near future too!

Take it away Vicki…. :)

I like blueberries, June seems to be the month where their price matches my budget. I eat them on everything; morning cereal, lunch salad, mixed fruit salad for dinner. I usually make blueberry muffins, but this year I wanted something different, off to the computer to search for blueberry recipes. Blueberry Lemon Bundt Cake combines two of my favorite.

This recipe is quick to mix up and baking time was just right in my oven. If serving as a dessert you could sprinkle with powder sugar or a dollop of whip cream with lemon zest; for breakfast add fresh fruit and almonds or walnuts.


Blueberry Lemon Bundt Cake
From: http://www.grouprecipes.com/

1-1/2 cups fresh blueberries
2 tablespoons flour
1 lemon cake mix
1 cup sour cream
4 large eggs

Grease and flour Bundt pan

Sprinkle flour over blueberries (This keeps blueberries from sinking to the bottom of cake.)

Combine dry cake mix and sour cream

Add eggs one at a time beating at low speed

Beat at medium speed until smooth

Fold in blueberries

Bake at 350 for 45 minutes

Cool on rack for 15 minutes

Remove from pan.

Another big thanks to my Aunt Vicki and Uncle John!  Love you guys! :)


Thanks for stopping by!