Whatcha Makin' Now?: Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies (5 Ingredients)

Pages

Monday, April 4, 2011

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies (5 Ingredients)

Yesterday I looked through my grandma’s recipes to pick something new to make. I found this interesting recipe for Hawaiian Cookies and knew that was the winner. This morning, I made the mistake of not grabbing the recipe, but figured I would remember what I needed to stop at the store and grab. As I stood at the checkout lane I was confident I had everything I needed, but not so much…forgot the coconut and cherries. That recipe will have to wait till later this week but I think it will be a good one! Stay tuned!!


I was still in the mood to bake so I went to the pantry. I had all the essentials so I knew something could be done. I decided to make Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies with only 5 ingredients. Yep! Only 5! Cake mix, butter, eggs, peanut butter, and chocolate chips. I like cake mix cookies – quick to make and yummy!



 
I had never made this recipe so I wasn’t too sure how they would bake. I softly rolled the dough into balls and placed on the cookie sheet. For the first dozen I left as balls. The cookies didn’t spread very much so on the last 2 dozen I lightly flattened the dough. Either way works.



The finished product was yummy! They are soft and chewy and just the right mix of peanut butter and chocolate. Givem’ a try!

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 eggs
1/3 cup Butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup Creamy or Chunky Peanut Butter
1 boxed cake mix (yellow or white)
1 cup Chocolate Chips

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Mix together eggs, butter, and peanut butter. Stir in cake mix and then add chocolate chips. Drop dough balls onto lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes or until light brown. Remove cookies and place on cooling rack.

Makes 3 dozen cookies.