Whatcha Makin' Now?: Butterfinger Cupcakes

Pages

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Butterfinger Cupcakes

Making these cupcakes was one of the best decisions I made all week! They are amazingly delicious. I found the recipe on Your Cup of Cake’s blog. It was REALLY hard to pick which recipe to make; she has soooo many cupcake and muffin recipes to pick from, and all look delightful. Butterfingers are one of my favorite candy bars so I knew this one was a winner.




I really like that this recipe uses a doctored up box cake mix but you would never know it from the finished product. And the homemade caramel makes it fancy. Then the frosting, wowzers.

My co-workers loved the Friday treat and all agreed of the deliciousness. You should definitely give it a try!

Here is a link to the full recipe.

Few Tips…
  • I didn’t have a squeeze bottle for the caramel so I used a Turkey Baster and it worked PERFECT!
  • I bought fun-size Butterfingers before I realized I had to scrape off the chocolate; I would buy normal size and it might be quicker.
  • I used my blender to break down the Butterfinger insides.
  • Use the chocolate pieces from the Butterfinger bars as toppings, and then eat the leftovers. :)
  • You might be able to use Chic-O-Sticks instead of Butterfinger’s and then do shaved chocolate on the top; just a thought.
  • These are pretty moist so I would serve with a napkin and maybe even a fork.