I sure had a interesting work week!
Tuesday we had two efficiency experts visit our office to see if their software programs could help with our work-flow. They asked us questions about our processes, how we worked, what we did, etc. The whole time I thought about The Bobs from Office Space. And now I really need to watch Office Space...great movie.
On Wednesday, I observed focus groups for marketing research. It was absolutely fascinating. The focus group sat in a room and we observed in a separate room with a mirrored window, like in a police lineup. I work for a real estate company so there was a group of home buyers, home sellers, potential sellers, and people not even considering a move.
In case you missed it, I shared snacks for a game night, classic Gingersnaps, and Peanut Butter Heath Cookies this week. What should I make for you next week?
Thursday, December 12, 2013
I've teamed up with 11 other bloggers in a virtual cookie exchange and each of us are sharing a different cookie recipe. These twelve cookie recipes will keep you baking until Christmas day. Please click on each individual link for the recipe. Keep scrolling for the details on my super delicious Peanut Butter Heath Cookies!
- Oatmeal White Chocolate Chip Cookies from A Night Owl Blog
- Jam Thumbprints and Tea Cakes from Hungry Girl Por Vida
- Popcorn Cookies from Betsy Life
- Peppermint White Chocolate Covered Oreos from Mommifried
- Peanut Butter Heath Cookies from Whatcha Makin' Now
- Peppermint Cream Cookies from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- White Chocolate Ganache Filled Gingerbread Macaron from Dessert Now Dinner Later
- White Chocolate Cherry Shortbread from Joyful Scribblings
- White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies from Daily Cup of Kate
- Toasted Almond Russian Tea Cakes from Meegan Makes
- Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate Cookies from What Katie's Baking
- Grandma's Sugar Cookies from Writer Mom Blog
I made Peanut Butter Heath Cookies and they are amazing, if I don't say so myself. They are like the perfect peanut butter cookie; soft, chewy, and really peanut buttery. The added HEATH toffee pieces give it a nice crunch and we all know you can't go wrong when adding chocolate as a topping.
Wednesday, December 11, 2013
This was the first time I've participated in The Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap to benefit Cookies for Kids' Cancer.
It's such a fun process: I baked 3 dozen cookies and sent them to 3 different food bloggers and in return I received 3 dozen cookies from 3 different food bloggers. The goal of the cookie swap to not only have fun networking with fellow bloggers, but it raises money and awareness for Cookies for Kid's Cancer.
I decided to bake a classic: Gingersnaps. They just scream the holidays and I knew they would travel well. As soon as they were cool, I sealed in a freezer bag, placed in fun snowman boxes and packed in a USPS shipping box. Off they went!
Oh! I also included the recipe on one of my personalized recipe cards from Two Poodle Press. Love those things.