Whatcha Makin' Now?: It's not cookies, but it's a recipe you definitely want.

Pages

Monday, August 22, 2016

It's not cookies, but it's a recipe you definitely want.

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ScotchBriteSponges #CollectiveBias

It's finally time to paint my master bathroom and closet! If you recall I revealed our refreshed master back in February. I had intentions of painting our bathroom shortly after that but man did time get away from me. I just didn't seem to have an open weekend to commit to the project. It's still brown and not fun.

Easiest way to clean your bathroom without terrible chemicals!

Until now.


I've scheduled a staycation and I'm taking the last week of the month off. I'm so excited. The big project during that much needed break is to paint our master bathroom and closet.

Before I get started, I really wanted to deep clean the bathroom so I can jump right into painting. I'm not going to lie - I do a great job at keeping our bathroom clean, but I always run out of steam and skip the shower cleaning.

So this might not be a cookie recipe, but I've got a fool proof way to quickly clean your shower using two ingredients you probably already have on hand. And, the best household cleaning products from Scotch-Brite™.

Plus - any excuse to go to Target is good, right? I totally snagged one of the Scotch-Brite® Non-Scratch Soap Dispensing Dishwand for my kitchen cleaning too.

Scotch-Brite - best household cleaning tool!


Shower Cleaning Made Easy 

Ingredients:
Spray Bottle
Dawn Dish Soap
Vinegar
Scotch-Brite® Heavy Duty Scrub Sponge and/or Scotch-Brite® Non-Scratch Scrub Sponge

Scotch-Brite - best household cleaning tool!


Step 1: In a spray bottle, fill with 50% Dawn Dish Soap and 50% vinegar. Shake slightly to mix.

Best way to clean your bathroom without terrible chemicals!

Step 2: Heavily spray mixture all over shower base, shower walls and shower doors. Let sit for 30 minutes. For heavy grime, let sit for a couple hours.

Step 3: Using Scotch-Brite Heavy Duty Scrub Sponge or Non-Scratch Scrub Sponge, scrub base of tub, walls and doors.

Scotch-Brite makes it super easy to know which sponge is which - the green is Heavy Duty and blue is Non-Scratch. I have a plastic shower base so I opted for the green, Heavy Duty, sponge for the base. For the tile shower walls and glass doors I used the blue, Non-Scratch, sponge to protect the surfaces. Make sure to visit Scotch-Brite to find the right tools for your home.

Step 4: Rinse base, shower walls and doors with clean water.

Step 5: Stand back and admire a job well done.

Best way to clean your bathroom without terrible chemicals!

Thankfully the dawn dish soap and vinegar leave the room smelling fresh and not that strong nose-burning chemical smell.

I can't believe I showed you my dirty shower. Gross. But it's clean now so I guess it's okay, Right?

Best way to clean your bathroom without terrible chemicals!

Now it's time to paint! I can't wait to reveal the refreshed bath. Eekk! So excited.

Pin the below image so you're ready for your next cleaning session! And, don't forget to pop over to the Scotch Brite for more info!

Easiest way to clean your bathroom without terrible chemicals!