This post and giveaway is sponsored by Kansas Athletics, but all opinion are my own.
My friends and I get together every few weeks just to catch up and have a little fun. For something different, we decided to go to a Kansas Women's Basketball game in Lawrence, KS. It took a little arm twisting for the Mizzou Grad, but she joined right in.
It's a quick drive from Kansas City giving us more then enough time for photo ops and snacks before the game started. Note the photo of me and Baby Jay. I don't know why I looked so nervous, but I got through it and it gave us a good laugh.
This is also where kids under the age of 13 can join the Junior Jayhawk Kids Club to get exclusive perks throughout the year like free admission to games, free t-shirt and free pizza. If my nephew, Grant, lived closer I would definitely have him join the club. He would have a blast - and his dad (KU fan) would enjoy attending more games.
I really want to get them to a game next time they visit. They would love it.
The girls played an awesome game against Creighton and left with the W. It's been a number of years since I've been to a game; it was fun to see the comradery of the team and the school spirit of the fans. The pep band, cheer and dance squads kept us on our feet as well!
I still don't have the "I'm a Jayhawk" fight song clap down, but I'll get there someday.
Now for the giveaway!
Simply comment (make sure to include your email address) on this blog post for a chance to win:
- Four (4) tickets to a single women's home game of the winner's choice:
- Sunday, January 3 @ 2 PM
- Wednesday, January 6 @ 7 PM
- Wednesday, January 13 @ 7 PM
- Wednesday, January 20 @ 7 PM
- Sunday, January 24 @ 7 PM
- Tuesday, February 2 @ 7 PM
- Wednesday, February 17 @ 7 PM
- Saturday, February 20 @ 2 PM
- Saturday, February 27 @ 7 PM
- One (1) $25.00 gift card to KU concession for dinner or snacks
- Two (2) Junior Jayhawk Kids Club Memberships, a $90 value (includes admission to all Women's Basketball home games).
This giveaway ends on Wednesday, December 23 at 8:00 PM (central time). Winner will be selected using Random.org. The winner will be announced shortly after just in time for Christmas!
Reminder: Please include an email address so I can quickly contact the winner.
Comment below to enter!