Whatcha Makin' Now?: Liebster Award, Thanks to Ginny!

Pages

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Liebster Award, Thanks to Ginny!


Ginny of My New Favorite Outfit

I’m super excited that Ginny of My New Favorite Outfit nominated me for the Liebster Award.  You should pop over to Ginny’s blog ASAP, well after you read this post.  Not only is she super stylish but she is my sister.  J I’m so excited that she started a blog; now we can ‘blog talk’.  And...I have big plans of dragging her with me to a Blog Conference in the very near future.   




Here's How it Works: The Liebster award is given by bloggers to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.

What is a Liebster? The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
  1. Each person much post 11 things about themselves.
  2. Answer the questions the nominator made for you and also create 11 more questions for the blogs you nominate.
  3. Choose 11 people and link them to your post.
  4. Go to their blog and tell them the good news.
  5. No tag backs. 
11 Things About Me:
  1. I grew up in Wahoo, Nebraska, town of about 3,500 people.  Now living in Kansas City.  I think I’ll always be a mid-west girl. 
  2. Married to Jake for almost 5 years and I've loved every minute of it! 
  3. I am not a fan of high-fives.  They confuse me and I never know how to give the proper high-five. 
  4. You know those people that dress up in costumes to promote their business? Ya, they make me uncomfortable.  
  5. I always laugh if I see someone fall or trip, after I make sure they are okay of course.....and in turn I fully expect to be laughed at when I fall or trip.     
  6. I always volunteer to bring food for pot-lucks.  They are little pop-up holidays and should be enjoyed by all.  
  7. Baking is very relaxing to me.  It’s very soothing after a long day.  
  8. I hate folding whites, like socks and Jake’s under shirts.  They will sometimes stay in the laundry basket unfolded all week.
  9. I drink way to much Diet Pepsi and can hardly ever pass up a fountain pop.  
  10. I’m not good at making side dishes during the week.  I’ll make the main dish and just serve that.    
  11. I love going home to see our doggie Henry.  He’s always so excited to see me and play.  


11 Questions from Ginny of My New Favorite Outfit:  

What's your perfect Saturday look like?
Sleep in, catch up on my DVR’d shows, stay in my PJ’s till after lunch, little shopping in the afternoon, and then enjoy the evening at home with the hubby and dog. 

What's your job, and do you love it?
I work in the Relocation Department of a Real Estate company.  I work with wonderful people and interact with companies all over the US.  It’s great!

If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
I would love to live in Ireland.  BUT all my family would have to come along because I couldn't live that far away from them. 

What's your favorite piece of clothing?
Um, I’m going to go with bracelets.  They might be accessories but I like them. 

What's your favorite and least favorite trend?
Favorite: Wearing bright colors.
Least Favorite: Skinny jeans, never ever ever will I wear them. 

What's your favorite book?
I’m not a book reader; makes me fall asleep. Every time.  I prefer to read blogs and magazines.  So – Young House Love is a blog I read every day and I have a list of other favorites here.

What's your dream vacation?
Anywhere.  I love any opportunity to go somewhere and see something new.  It could be an hour’s drive or a 18 hour flight; I’d take it!

Where do you see yourself at 60?
I want to be retired by (or before) 60.  I’m sure I will find something to do. 

Coffee or tea?
Tea for sure.  Love the smell of coffee but hate the taste.

Early bird or night owl?
Early bird.

What's your favorite TV show?
Just one?  Impossible to name just one – How I Met Your Mother, Modern Family, Happy Endings, Once Upon A Time, Tosh.O, Real Housewives of any city, Duck Dynasty,  Teen Mom, Rules of Engagement, Pretty Little Liars, Young and the Restless, Property Brothers, Workaholics, Parenthood, and I’m sure I’m missing some.  ;)


Now for my nominees!


11 Questions for the Nominees:
  1. What do you like most about blogging?
  2. If you could open your own business, what would you sell/offer?
  3. What’s your favorite season?
  4. If the same song played every time you entered a room (like your theme song), what would it be?
  5. What’s your favorite movie?
  6. Everyone likes cookies, what’s your favorite?
  7. Dog or Cat person?
  8. Favorite Holiday?
  9. What is one blog you read every day?
  10. What is one word of advice you would offer to someone thinking about blogging?
  11. What type of camera do you use for all your blog pics?
Thanks again, Ginny! And, congrats to my Nominees!  :)

Looking for food? Here's my recipe for Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownie Madness.