Whatcha Makin' Now?: 1st Birthday Celebration.....mmmmm cake.

Pages

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

1st Birthday Celebration.....mmmmm cake.

My little nephew, Grant, celebrated his 1st birthday this past weekend and it was so much fun!


I arrived at my sister’s house Friday afternoon to help her make the cake. She found a really cool cake design using fondant and was determined to make it. She is much craftier than me so I was more so there for moral support and sister bonding time. But I will say rolling out and covering cake with fondant is much easier with 2 people.

We also made Grant his own cake to kind of match the fancy cake.

My sister used fondant to make the animals for the main cake and for Grant’s little cake.



I made the Sugar Cookies just to make sure we had enough treats for everyone.  I used my favorite sugar cookie recipe and my loot from Sweet!

Over the course of the weekend I think I made 3 batches of my favorite frosting. By Sunday, my sister and I both agreed that we were very much ‘over’ cake and frosting.

Grant was a trooper on his big day! He loved his cake and all the frosting and still had energy to open his presents.

I do think I need to take a break from sweets for a couple weeks. After the sugar cookies, lemon cupcakes, cream bouquet discovery, it’s time for more salty treats and meals.  Hummm.....

Thanks for stopping by!  :)

2 comments

  1. Wonderful decorating job! Wish I could have some of that cake. Looks terrific.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love your feedback! Make sure to leave your email so I can respond. Or, drop your blog link so I can check out your site!